Since at least yesterday, all of my cron jobs have been failing with
"on time - Failed" up to half the time they are [supposedly] run. This
is on all my apps, some of which have been updated to 1.5 and others
still running 1.4.X.

>From my logs, it looks like the handler servlet (I'm using java) isn't
even being entered when it "fails". I've tried stubbing out all logic
in the servlet and just returning successfully from my doGet method-
with the same result.

I've also noticed that at the same time as cron is failing tasks are
queued up without processing for extended periods of time, even though
no tasks are currently being executed.

For an 1/2 hour here or there everything will seem OK, then cron will
start to fail sporadically for another stretch, on all apps at the
same time, so it doesn't appear to be specific to a single app.

Example app is cliniconexdev. I can manually hit my cron and task
handler URLs via browser over and over with no failures.

App Engine status is currently showing Normal for everything..

/Tom