Hi King,

I'm learning this thing here too so don't worry :)

On 9 June 2011 19:54, King <sirhc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
> I'm having some trouble understanding your reply
>
> class Like(db.Model):
>>     topic = db.StringProperty() #enumeration
>>     user = db.ReferenceProperty(User)
>>

> By enumeration, do you mean a number representing the thing being liked?
> So for example
> topic = 5
> (where 5 might mean "Dogs")?

All depends on how you are going to distribute your "topics" or "subjects".
My example was just a way to point out the relation, not actually what you
should be doing. Some people like to store strings directly, others
enumerations, others a parent+child relation. It all goes down to what you
feel more confortable with.

> Your key strategy can be (serial of topic + user.key().name())
>>
>> Are you saying the key for a Like might be ("Dogs" + "John Smith")?

Correct :) - That gives you _many_ users liking many _subjects_ in one
Entity Kind

There are going to be obvious implications on what other queries you might
need, but given your initial requirements it seems you need to tend to
distribute those models so you don't kill an indexing server with many
variations.

http://about.me/david.mora