Go is slower than Java and Java has all the libraries and tools (IDE,
debuggers, refactoring, profiling, etc...) that you'll need.

Here are the speed test results from a Google study:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/hack/2011/06/cpp-go-java-scala-performance-benchmark.php

-- superco...@gmail.com
http://supercobrablogger.blogspot.com/