Hi App Engine team,

I have an special requirement for my app engine app, it will be a
consumer app where users will sign up and will be able to map their
custom domain name (probably most of them none google apps users) to
their own account inside my web app.
let's say the web app's url is:  www.mysupercoolapp.com ( an app
engine app using a custom domain setup with google apps)
users can create their normal accounts and will be named like:
www.mysupercoolapp.com/useraccountname
but I want them to be able to associate their own domain name, let's
say: www.customerdomain.com to their account, so when you type
www.customerdomain.com it will be an alias of www.mysupercoolapp.com
and I can detect it looking at the url host name and load their
account.

I know 2 ways of doing it:

1- I can make them create a google apps account with their own domain
name and then tell them to add my app engine .appspot.com as a
service
inside their admin account and map a subdomain to this service,
mysupercoolapp.appspot.com mapped to www.customerdomain.com.

2- I can create a domain alias inside my google apps account, adding
manually customerdomain.com (which is not using google apps), then
make them do some verification of ownership then I can map
mysupercoolapp.appspot.com to a subdomain of customerdomain.com and
again do dns changes... (any way I don't want to pollute my account
with domains I don't own).

NONE of those are in any way a good solution for my business, I don't
want to force them create a google apps account and do
configurations,
nor do any manual stuff, it would be a horrific and bad user
experience...

Can you please point me how can I solve this as trasparent as
possible ? be able to receive customers with their domain names
(google apps users or not google apps users) and alias them to my
google apps custom domain name running an App Engine app,  just
asking
them just to change dns records (as most websites do). I came up with
the idea that if you had a provisioning api to programmatically do
the
first solution I mentioned it could solve this in some way,but it
would be wasteful to create google apps accounts just to do the
mapping of custom domains... I hope you have or will have soon a
solution for this.

Thank you.
Damian