+1:  I have the exact same need for one of my applications.  I'm sure other
people must have faced this as well as more and more commercial apps are
built on GAE.

The only solution I have considered is to run a proxy on EC2 or somewhere
but that is really not ideal.  I may just use that as a fallback for
customers who refuse Google Apps registration.

-Chris