Hey Vlad,
  One reason I wrote my own tools was because I was also doing schema
changes, that was a good opportunity to do so.  I also did not want to
transfer all of my entities, so I used my app's standard APIs so that
all of my stats / reporting entities would just be regenerated
instead.  I also didn't want to waste resources downloading then
re-uploading all of my data, rather I transferred them directly from
one app to another.  If I were doing another large migration I would
probably dump to the blobstore, transfer the blob, then reconstitute
my entities from the blob.

Robert