Hi there,

I've been experimenting (in python) with GAE and webapp over the past few
months and there are a bunch of things that I love about it, however I'm
concerned about the "lock - in" factor of using webapp. Are there any
frameworks out there that could be easily ported to an alternative service
e.g Amazon WS should I need to? I've had a look at Django non-rel but the
GAE file limit is an often cited problem in the bug tracker (
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4639&q=django&colspec=ID%20Type%20Component%20Status%20Stars%20Summary%20Language%20Priority%20Owner%20Log
).

The specific issue I'm facing is that the new application I'm building will
need to have geospatial search capability. I'm aware that the Full Text
Search that has been requested (and presented at Google IO) is slated for
release at some point, but no one is sure when this will be. The alternative
approaches (GeoModel etc) are all process intensive and not suited for a
large dataset. Thus my plan would be to build the app to this point, acquire
a userbase etc. and then build the geospatial tools and graduate from GAE
(unless Full Text Search is available).

Cheers,