Hello All,

I have a simple app which requires login. But instead of redirect the
user directly to google login I have a link on my main page for Sign
In. This page is generated as follows:

class Login(webapp.RequestHandler):
  # GET /login
  def get(self):
    user = users.get_current_user()
    if not user:
      self.response.out.write("Not signed in ")
      self.response.out.write('<a href="%s">Sign In</a>' %
(users.create_login_url('/')))
    else:
      self.response.out.write('Hello, %s ' % (user.nickname()))
      self.response.out.write('<a href="%s">Sign Out</a>' %
(users.create_logout_url('/')))

So the response is pretty small, a few bytes. But if I do a wget to
the above link it give zero bytes in response the first time I fetch
it, on subsequent tries is works fine.

>From the logs I see the following message in the first request
"""
This request caused a new process to be started for your application,
and thus caused your application code to be loaded for the first time.
This request may thus take longer and use more CPU than a typical
request for your application.
"""
Whereas there is no such message in the second request which works.

Is there something I am missing or is appengine trying to do something
for small responses and screwing up especially for new instances ?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
-- Pranav

P.S.

Here are the headers for the zero byte response:
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK