hi Nick:
  I'm sorry this isnt working for you, some quick things to check.

When did you last sync from the api client samples? We made a change to the
Discovery URL around late
June,
http://code.google.com/p/google-api-python-client/source/detail?r=10111e1c2391ac86cbe1ccc3e5994ad68e4a8ae9.

It would be good to sync to that change.

Also can you add a --dump_request to your gtaskqueue command? That may give
you some more information about whats going on. Another thing we've seen in
the past is due to using
multiple logins on the browser, make sure you're authorizing the right
account.

If all this is fine, please share the command line you're using with
gtaskqueue and I can take a look.

Thanks
Vivek