Actually the latter knobs I listed were suggestion from the community
but feel free to raise a different voice.

The only knobs Google provide so far are:
- maximum number of idle instances
- minimum pending latency

See http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/performancesettings.html
for more details.

- min number of idle instances will come later to supplant Always on.

And all knobs should have automatic default values that make App
Engine handle those "automagically in the background".

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:20 PM, pdknsk <pdk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It seems like the service is moving in a direction in which devs will
> have to adjust many knobs, rather than have Google handle it
> automagically in the background.

Johan Euphrosine (proppy)
Developer Programs Engineer
Google Developer Relations