Hi Peter,

It would be good to see what was the first error you were receiving. But on
regards the second one, the error is not confusing it just means you were
trying to deploy an app from a google account that did not was an
owner/developer of the app ID, therefore that application did not existed in
the scope of the user you were using to deploy with.

Hope this clarifies the error.

Best,
Jose