On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:46 PM, fedex1 <fed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of questions.
>
> What strategy do you use to move from Master Slave to High
> Replication?
>
> I assume it's not as easy as changing a configuration parameter.  In
> fact, you cannot change Datastore Replication Options after you've
> created an application it seems.
>
> Do you simply create a new application using High Replication as the
> Datastore Replication Option and then migrate your data and migrate
> your source?

Yes. If you'd like to discuss this, though, you should probably start a new
thread.

> Also, right after this outage, I tried to create a new application for
> example "event-registration-hr" and the admin console said it was
> available.  I created it and it seemed to fail, but the name "event-
> registration-hr" was now taken, but not allocated to my applications.
> I tried again with another name and it happened again.  Maybe an after
> effect of the outage.

The outage is still ongoing. Please see this thread in the groups for
details:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-downtime-notify/browse_thread/thread/ff24c9b1ed5e39a2?hl=en

-Nick

> Thanks,
> Ralph
>
> On Aug 18, 9:57 pm, Stephen Mayer <stephen.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm seeing problems with the control panel, but my site is on HR
> datastore
> > and the site is fine.  Perhaps its only impacting master/slave datastore
> > users?
> >
> > Stephen

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine