Good question!  If you go to the "Billing Settings" part of your Admin
Console you'll see that there is a place where you can choose the number of
reserved instance hours to use per week.  If you set that up now, it will go
into effect as soon as we go out of preview and the new billing is in place.
 The 15-min calculation is taken into account on the bills but depending on
what you are doing it shouldn't impact you dramatically.

Greg