On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM, johnP <j...@thinkwave.com> wrote:

> But Robert - you did not address the Root Question: why *should*
> Google dial back the revenue knob?

The mode of operation seems to be:

1. Attract users with free / very low cost, cloud infrastructure
2. Force them to use Google specific APIs aka lock them in
3. Drastically increase prices giving users only a couple of weeks notice
4. Since they're locked in, and can't migrate their app in a couple of
weeks, fleece them!

I do hope somebody from Google tells me that I am wrong! :-)

--
Srirangan  |  About <http://srirangan.net/about>  Blog<http://srirangan.net>
  GitHub <https://github.com/Srirangan>