I spend _a lot_ of time optimizing my app for very, very low cpu usage.

Now this effort matters very little, as the vast amount of usage cost now
come from the fact that the instances are running - and not how heavy their
use of the CPU is...

I have a very hard time understanding the logic behind all the articles
about optimisation that you've posted over the past 3 years...