I'm trying optimize our application to the max, so far so good, but...

It appears that the threadpool of the Java instance is limited to 18, for
which ~10 are used to handle requests.

Our average latency is 100ms. 1 minute / 100ms = 600 requests, x10 threads,
so a single instance should be able to handle *6000 requests a minute. *

According to the logs the limit is 1000 request a minute. A higher rate will
trigger a new instance regardless the average latency time. regardless any
settings.

Is this correct or can we get a higher request rate per minute?

Otherwise there is no *cost *involved reason to optimize if your latency is
below *600ms*. (Hence, frontend is most of the time waiting (idle) for the
backend)

Another side effect of this limitation is that the the Min Pending Latency
setting has no effect.