I also imagine that the the infrastructure for blobstore api is distributed,
etc, etc, and that intermediate proxy caches are are better tuned to the
etag, etc, etc it does. Objects in the blobstore are inmutable so I'm not
sure why I get the following expires headers (for tomorrow) with a test
image below. Note that the 304 status code was nicely returned.

Anyhow, with the static serving you have to explicitly put your expiration
policy in yaml. I will the documentation where more clear (and more
assertive) about the blobstore api. Some spots in app engine get little
love, email api being another (it's very flaky, prone to errors). Now, with
the quota reduction makes me wonder if it's worth the trouble to use an
external mail server, I think so :-(

   1. Request URL:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/O9EJJF2UKj4th8hDYoU7_Ew6MTtqw_Ngvbk-mZ6d7gn90pcVD1aylNOu_Icj_0ccEmSCseVuE0Qu94iQ7R8PSx2-=s580
   2. Request Method:
   GET
   3. Status Code:
   304 Not Modified
   4. Request Headersview source
      1. Accept:
      text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
      2. Accept-Charset:
      ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
      3. Accept-Encoding:
      gzip,deflate,sdch
      4. Accept-Language:
      en-US,en;q=0.8
      5. Cache-Control:
      max-age=0
      6. Connection:
      keep-alive
      7. Host:
      lh4.ggpht.com
      8. If-None-Match:
      "v1"
      9. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/535.1
      (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.220 Safari/535.1
      5. Response Headersview source
      1. Age:
      162
      2. Date: