On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Ubaldo Huerta <uba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Objects in the blobstore are inmutable so I'm not sure why I get the
> following expires headers (for tomorrow) with a test image below.

I think its because they allow you to delete the blob, which deletes the
image.

With an expires header, even after you delete, it would appear the image is
still there - served from various caches.

So a shortish expires, means the image can be 'deleted' within about 24
hours.

Even after the expires, well expires, the 304's should still be used - and
the 304 itself is cachable for a further 24 hours :)
(So bandwidth usage should still be low)