I'm ok with that.

Your next concern would be the Datastore Reads. I think you should be able
to bring that down a lot by using memcache and/or combining your monitors
into a few entities. I'm not familiar with python, but I believe you can use
pickle to serialize an array of monitors into a blob which you can store as
one entity. You may need to split your list of monitors into a few groups to
stay under the max entity size of 1MB, but this will drastically cut down on
the number of reads that you need, especially if you combine with a
memcache.