I'm trying the gaeutilities session library for some new apps I'm building.

http://gaeutilities.appspot.com/session

I'm using it for two things:

- basic, old school session stuff (ie: a dictionary persistent across
user visits)

- securing ajax callbacks (the session contains the indication of
whether the user is logged in; session library's cookie goes from
server to client, back through ajax call through rest interface to
server, session is reconsituted based on it, if it's not the same one
then there's no login indication, call fails)

The library is pretty cool, a bit magical actually. I'm reading the
code to try to understand the magic, and think I'm getting a handle on
it.

However, in the doc, there is this:

"In order to take advantage of the token system for an authentication
system, you will want to tie sessions to accounts, and make sure only
one session is valid for an account. You can do this by setting a
db.ReferenceProperty(_AppEngineUtilities_Session) attribute on your
user Model, and use the get_ds_entity() method on a valid session to
populate it on login."

Why would I want to do this? I'm happy for two separate logins by the
same person to have different sessions, and I'm happy for subsequent
visits to begin with an empty session dictionary each time. Am I
missing something here?

--
Emlyn

http://my.syyn.cc - Synchonise Google+, Facebook, WordPress and Google