Depends how you define "down."

If you only consider HR, it hasn't gone completely down ever.  Some bugs have
happened (like losing the ability to send mail to gmail addresses with .'s in
them) which reduced functionality for HR, and there have been times when you
could not update your app.  But I don't think HR has ever stopped serving since
it was introduced.

M/S has been down lots of times, sometimes for extended periods. But that's
irrelevant if you are using HR, which you should be if you care about downtime.

-Joshua