From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian Williams
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:14 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: [google-appengine] Best to use on app engine- Java or Python
(newbie!!)

Hi.
Have posted on here before  trying to get some one elses code working and
have been unable to understand it completely. So am biting the bullet and
considering creating program i require myself.
Question is which language to use. Bearing in mind I am new to both and
going to start to work with Eclipse soon.

The job i need app engine to do is to receive information from a smart phone
app (currently andriod built with app inventor) and email information to
recipient securely then delete and stored information. I also need to create
a database which the phone apps can query and update/ pull information from.

As the project feels like an evolving creature I hatched from an egg I want
to understand everything it does as much as possible.

Has anyone out there got any good advice for me please?

Thank you.

Brian