On Oct 20, 10:33 pm, "Brandon Wirtz" <drak...@digerat.com> wrote:
> IE5/IE6 will say page cannot be displayed and will never connect.  For this
> reason you should encourage users to arrive at a non-HTTPs version of the
> page, do browser detection and display an Upgrade your browser notification,
> then use the login to take them to the secure version of the site.

According to Wikipedia ALL Internet Explorer and safari browsers on
Windows XP do not have SNI support.
And strangly enough Google Chrome's versions below 6 do not have it
either(a tiny percentage).

So we are supposed to detect them all using the useragent string? That
would be fun to try...

But we all knew that before we started asking for SNI, so great job
Google and the App Engine developers!