Simple answer: unwanted latency

I'm also noticing this problem in one of my apps (see my post
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/google-appengine/dQQ2y01Mbgs)

If the scheduler decides to spin up a new instance, this will add unwanted
warmup latency to the current request. If you look at my post and attached
screenshot, you'll see that obviousely there's really no need for the
scheduler to startup a third instance, while the second resident one is
just sitting there and doing nothing.

Could someone from Google please look into this issue and explain why this
is happening? Thanks!