Half sized instances, so they may be half speed.

-----Original Message-----
From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Pol
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:32 AM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: Help resolve massive performance regression
in 2.7 vs 2.5 runtime

Hi Brian,

It helps, it's now at ~5s instead, but still at least 2x slower than on the
2.5 runtime.

So on December 1st, the 50% discount for front-instances is gone. The idea
is to compensate by switching to Python 2.7 with multithreading, but it
looks like at this point it's a lose-lose situation: it runs more requests
at the same time, but they take longer. We're mid- November already, do you
guys think you'll have all of this working perfectly within 2 weeks? The 1.6
SDK which actually allows to run 2.7 locally was just released, so we're
only starting to test now. Seems to me deferring the payment change 1 more
month to January 1st 2012 wouldn't hurt :)

athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.