Are you on High Rep or Master Slave?   I have not had an outage in something
like 10 months.

-----Original Message-----
From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of trilok
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:25 AM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Google App Engine's Team Dishonesty

Google app engine hello,

Let me first specify that I am a paying app engine user for about 1.5 years.
We, at my company, have developed an online restaurant takeout/ delivery
ordering service running completely on the appengine. We currently serve
over 50 restaurants in my home country, and are now expanding abroad with
restaurants in Canada, Hungary, Belgium, UK, and more.

Ever since the appengine's release from production a week ago, there has
been 3 (!!!) major disruptions - On 7th for 45 minutes, yesterday for 30
minutes, and right now. I understand that failures occur, but specifying a
"99.95%" and being so far from it is to me a major failure on the part of
Google.

To make matters worse, we, AppEngine's paying users, NEVER receive any
explanations or descriptions of the cause of the failure, the solution and
Google's efforts to prevent its returning occurance. Not by any means to
compare, but EC2's team constantly admit and report ALL of the failures and
their debriefing!

And now for the "cherry on the top", and the reason I used the word
'dishonesty' - You remove any note of the disruption from System Status. For
example, yesterday there was a disruption causing 40 secs
(!!!) of latency in response. Today viewing the System Status, yesterday is
marker with "No significant issues". That to me is dishonesty and a clear
cut lie.

Unfortunately, our service is now so deeply connect to the AppEngine
framework that leaving this service is currently not an option, but I would
definitively not advise or recommend anyone to use the AppEngine today, and
my next product will definitely not run on the AppEngine.

Regards,

 - Yoav.