FWIW, I've met a lot of the GAE team at various local events
(the privilege of living in the SF bay area) and I don't think any of them
would do something genuinely "dishonest".  By and large they seem like
normal developers like you and I.

"Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity" is a
good principle - if the reporting dashboard is not behaving correctly, it's
most likely a bug, not a willful conspiracy.  Bringing it up on this
mailing list is good - creating an issue in the issue tracker (with
specifics) is better.  Inflammatory subject lines don't help.

Jeff