From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of sb
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:48 PM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: Idle instances do not turn off
automatically. Please help

It doesn't behave this way at all.

It just fires up a new instance once the resident instance get overloaded.
The resident instance goes idle.

The new instance then handles all the traffic, and when that gets overloaded
another instance is created, while the original resident instance is just
sitting their completely idle. So I am getting billed for three instances
one of which is doing nothing and never will do anything until I manually
intervene.

nickjohn...@google.com> wrote:

> > > This isn't a problem - you're not being charged for those instances.

> > You'll

> > > only be charged if demand requires sending traffic to them, in

> > > which case you've been saved the overhead of starting up a new
instance.