FWIW, there are good reasons to ask when memcache fails - I mean a real
failure (say, timeout exception) rather than mere lack of data.

For example, if you are put()ing a new value in memcache and you want to
make sure the old value is replaced, you really want to be able to retry if
the put() fails.

In Javaland there is an error handler you can set on MemcacheService - the
default is to log and ignore errors but you can set a strict error handler
that propagates exceptions.  Dunno what the equivalent for Python is.

Jeff

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Brandon Wirtz <drak...@digerat.com> wrote:

> My socks are not in the drawer. ****
>
> Return Error (“What has the Maid been doing all day?”****
>
> ** **
>
> Just because the socks aren’t in the drawer doesn’t mean the drawer is in
> error.****
>
> ** **

I am the 20%