Hi Brandon,

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Brandon Wirtz <drak...@digerat.com> wrote:
> I run on 2.7. I have been rock solid and my costs are 1/10th what they are
> on 2.5

Wow, that's awesome!

> I had very few code changes other than removing CGI handlers.

Also good news.

> I would recommend 2.7 without hesitation.
>
> Pointing out 2 bugs that aren't well documented, and (one of which I can't
> Repo) Is more of a "I'm too lazy to do the migration" than a real excuse.
> If you aren't testing on 2.7 you are weeks from being deployed on it anyway,
> and are just griping. Get a test version of your app on it, find out where
> it fails and if you have bugs file them.  Don't be a wuss unless you have
> the same code snippet that is listed in a bug in your source code.  Then I
> might say you should test on 2.7 but not invest time in adapting the code
> beyond removing 2.7 incompatible code.

Both of the bugs that Alexis mentioned are significant and we can
reproduce them - though the probability of being affected by
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=6401 should
be pretty low.

Python 2.7 is still experimental and your good experiences aren't a
guarantee that others won't encounter serious problems.

Cheers,
Brian