Hey Andrius,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Andrius A <andriu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are not the only one, I don't like the fact that google puts a blame on
> MS, there is something wrong with GAE constantly going on and they should
> admit that and explain us in more details what's happening.

There is a known bug where the combination of Python 2.7 and enabling
concurrent requests causes large latency increases. The Python 2.7
runtime is still experimental and bugs like this are expected.

There are also known issues where accessing the MS datastore can
result in highly variable latencies and possibly errors. This is the
result of the design of the MS datastore and is why we promote
migrating to the HR datastore.

The App Engine Administration Console uses the MS datastore (for a
variety of esoteric reasons) so its latency spikes will often
correlate with MS latency spikes.

> We have a form for issue like this to be noticed, please fill in to get more
> attention:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dC1DMmpPSU1WZnk0d1FMa3JmNXIwaGc6MQ#gid=0

Can I also suggest that people file bugs using the public issue tracker at:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues ?

Also, if you are using an experimental feature, it would be great if
you do a quick search to see if the issue has already been filed and
make a note or star it yourself it is has. The more information we
have the easier it is to prioritize and fix bugs.

> I really believe into GAE and still think this is a great a platform, but it
> has issues which need be admitted and taken care of.

No one is more aware of App Engine's imperfections than the App Engine
team and we have a public issue tracker so that people can make us
aware of their particular issues and see what problems other people
are having.

Cheers,
Brian