I posted this logic once before but people only listen when they are
ranting.

You can only change an entity once per second. You can however maintain a
data store "Cache" that will save you money, writes, and prevent you from
ever seeing write limits.

By maintaining a Small DataStore of "Writes To commit"  things you want to
write to data store permanently can be put in to a data store which you
increment the task on.

When you do a Read from the datastore you check that the writes to commit
don't supersede the data in the main data store.

This will save you on indexing operations, and reduce your write throttling
and if done correctly can even move most of your reads to Memory rather than
DataStore.

This will increase your number of reads. Which will increase your Costs
slightly over MS, but likely is better than having MS down or MS Read
OnlyTime.