I have a multi tenant scenario where I want to set a namespace by company.

Here's what I'm planning to do:

1) User login to app
2) The User entity has a reference to the company the user is part of.
3) The app sets the namespace to the key() of the company entity.

Here's what it kinda looks like in code: (stripped down version)

class Company(db.Model):
    company = db.StringProperty()

class User(db.Model):
    user = db.UserProperty()
    company = db.ReferenceProperty(Company)

user = users.get_current_user()

q = User.gql('WHERE user = :1', user)
        if (q.count() == 1):
            u = q.get()
            namespace_manager.set_namespace(u.company.key())

The reason I want to use something like the key as the namespace is because
I want users to be able to change their company name. And while technically
of course we could use a google apps domain, we do not require clients to
be on google apps, they could use gmail.com accounts for example.

Does this system make sense to you guys? I'm still learning with app engine
and Python, so just wanted to run it by some seasoned experts.