On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM, KK <krishna.kond...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks every one for the responses.
>
> Since it is going to be at least 24 frontend instance hours in a day if
> there is steady traffic to my app. What are the guidelines I can follow in
> my app to reduce the number of frontend isntance hours above 24?

The biggest one is pretty much to minimise your latency. Make each
request as quick as possible.

AppStats can help track stuff that could be optimized.

Its still in development, but using threads as part of python 2.7
runtime, can help too. But its not a 'universal' fix yet...

> Would things like setting setting cache headers such a way that all image
> files are cached for ever help? If yes, how do I do this?

Well images (& css etc)  would proabbly be served from 'static' -
which then doesnt even use your dynamic instances. Can still set cache
headers to reduce your bandwidth use.

Any requests could can allow to be cached, probably should be.