From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Schnitzer
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 11:26 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [google-appengine] Re: OT: Doing It Wrong

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Paul <pgronkiew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While we are at it - what would you suggest to be a most efficient
> solution on App Engine? Is bcrypt too heavy?

My advice is not to bother with all that crap.  Use BrowserID anywhere you
would use a username/pw instead.

I recently replaced the local username/pw part of my dual-auth system (FB
being the other) with BrowserID.  The user experience is way better than any
other local auth system I've seen, including ours - which was pretty damn
nice.

http://www.browserid.org/

Jeff