Yeah, actually we do warmup memcache for data the frontpage needs to render
- under normal circumstances, performing these queries takes well under 15
seconds.  According to the
docs<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/config/appconfig.html#Warmup_Requests>
:

You can implement handlers in this directory to perform
> application-specific tasks, such as pre-caching application data.

but you are suggesting that warmup handlers should only be simple noops.
 Is this based on our experience, or are there some other docs somewhere
that recommend against doing application specific data prefetching in the
warmup handler?  I'll definitely give it a shot, just curious if this is
official GAE best practices or not.

Thanks again,
Karl