On Jan 19, 2012, at 3:25 PM, GAEfan wrote:

> If you were starting a new app today, would you use java or python?
python
> Why?
Far more efficient development cycle.

> Will python ever be as efficient in multi threading as java?
Certainly in the ways that matter for the kinds of apps you write for GAE.

> Will Larry Ellison keep java free?
Of course. But even if he didn't, it wouldn't matter, because google has
written their own VM anyway, so they'd change the name to Kava or Lava to avoid
the trademark problem, and keep everything else the same.

> Python is a beautiful language, but may be too expensive to run in
> GAE.
That isn't a question. And it's also completely wrong. For the most part,
python is faster in GAE than Java, and I suspect that will never change.