We use logs some, but we find that for the really critical stuff or really
detailed stuff we are happier with writes to the datastore.

I didn't really mean don't log for debugging, I meant consider Logging to
datastore.

Logging also changes results sometimes.

Don't ask me why.

But for example we used to do performance numbers like

Log time and what we are about to do.
Do something
Log time and what we just did.

Do some things.

Log time and what we are about to do.
Do something
Log time and what we just did.

Then we switched to
Variable = time and what we are going to do
Do something
Variable .= time and what we just did.

Then the last line before Return is either log it, or write it to the data
store