Thanks. So far I've found that static files have the same response time as
(simple) dynamic pages. I'm basically interested in user->google->appsetup
round trip time (anything that I can't control).

Maybe you could just refresh this page for me a few times and look the
latency for the initial request in chrome debug tools or whatever (don't
include latency for pulling down subsequent files).

http://slquerytest.appspot.com/