We used to use static files and then found we can serve static assets from
memcache faster than we can serve static files. So now we do that. Once a
file gets put on the edge cache it is no longer "static" or "dynamic" and
can be served sometimes in single digit MS. We have seen pingdom reports
that sub 4k files served in 8ms.

Brandon Wirtz
BlackWaterOps: President / Lead Mercenary

Work: 510-992-6548
Toll Free: 866-400-4536
IM: drak...@gmail.com (Google Talk)
Skype: drakegreene