@Phil, I didn't know that, thanks for the info, will take a look and try it
out

@Moishe, no all troubles are gone starting from yesterday.. we used to have
another connectivity problem, but haven't seen it since then, so maybe it
is also gone:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=7239
Btw when I created that issue I couldn't find a way to add Channel
component label to it, I guess thats why there was no reaction about it? or
is it smt that you do

Using the opportunity wanted also to ask any information about adding
support for batch sending messages:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4506
Each call to sendMessage takes 20-60 millis, so if user sends a message in
chat room with 50 chatters, currently I have to create 10 tasks in order to
decrease latency and this also eats instance hours. So having this would be
a fantastic feature.

And finally a question I should have probably asked a couple of month ago
when selecting channel api for our application, can anybody share info
about any big application using channel api seriously and that really
depends on it?