Hopefully someone on the Google team can take a look for you.  I have a few
questions and things for you to try.

1. How young are your instances?  are you seeing instance churn?
2. Can you post your app settings, max idle, how is your traffic? spikey?
3. Do you see the same issues on other appids?  (do you have a test
instance setup somewhere for QA or staging?)

You might just be in a bad spot somewhere or it could be a legitimate issue
based on your settings and some part of your application causing churn or
other issues.

We have seen some of the best performance on HRD in a long time over the
last 2 weeks or so.

Mike