Using the Google Contacts API, I was able to get the Gmail profile
pictures belonging to my contacts, but not my own Gmail profile
picture. Using the Google Plus API I was able to get my Google Plus
profile picture, but that is not the same as my Gmail picture.

    Which Google API (and which method) should I be using to get my
Gmail profile picture (or, by extension, the Gmail picture of a logged-
in user when that user is also using my app)?