I guess what I'm most interested in is knowing how it will compare,
pricewise and performancewise, to using the datastore for FTS.
Obviously the datastore doesn't provide all the bells and whistles,
but it's pretty easy to store all the fragments of a set of words in
an indexed list property.  For example, 'foo' would store 'f', 'fo',
'foo', and now I can do as-you-type queries.  Would this be cheaper
(both for storage and for queries) with FTS?

I could imagine using this to index geocell queries too.  Would this
be more or less expensive than a datastore-based solution?

Thanks,
Jeff