Dear Google/developers,

I am developing a Oauth2 based system to manage Google Webmaster Tools from
within a CMS and use the google-api-php-client to connect using a p12
certificate file for oauth2-dance-less authentication.

$client = new apiClient();
$client->setApplicationName("Webmaster Tools App");
$client->setScopes("http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/feeds/";);
$client->setClientId($clientid);
$keyfile = 'classes/gapi/keys/'.$p12key;
$cert = file_get_contents($keyfile);
$client->setAssertionCredentials(new apiAssertionCredentials(
 $serviceaccount,
 array('http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/feeds/'),
 $cert)
);

The connection works well, and when using the token based Oauth2 (client
based authentication) quering the webmaster tools feed also works well,
however when I use the certificate based web server app connection to query
the google webmaster tools feed, when first enabling access to a site in
the account to the service account e-mail within webmaster tools, Google
returns the following error:

*Internal Error*

When the serviceaccount e-mail has no access to a site in the webmaster
tools account, Google returns a valid feed with no site entries in it. So
it is sure that the Oauth2 connection is working and able to request data
from the feed.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Best Regards,
Jan