Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that we have to find our own way to solve the
problem. I did have the same problem to migrate the SDK from 1.6.5 to
1.7.0, in both application and debug modes. Anyway, this will stop me to
deploy my application with 1.7.0 or older in the future to Google App
Engine. We may be able to afford losing local data, no matter how painful
it is, but we cannot risk losing the real existing database after the app
deployed to the Google site, at least for now that I have not figured out
how to back up and to restore the remote database. Speaking of database, I
don't quite understand how to safeguard the database on Google App Engine
during deploying.

FYI, I got many warnings of the addFilter function of Query being
deprecated with 1.7.0, so I have lots of lines of Java code to change
before I can really do something with 1.7.0. I started out with 1.6.4 in
April, and now it is already on 1.7.0, and I am not sure about what exactly
do we have to do with a new upgrade (which Eclipse (Indigo) will prompt you
if yours is still on the older version), as each time there are always
something to break the build or to issue run-time errors? Particularly, I
don't know a good workaround to make the transition of upgrade painless.

Anyway, is the breaking only limited to local database? This will be my
major concern.

Chili Ho