Thank you all for your postings. I posted a previous message, which is
probably still in the process of being reviewed by Google.

Getting rid of the old local_db.bin could be the solution to remove the
inconsistence issue of serialVerisonUIB . Which I might have done in the
previous migration from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5, just that I had not put all the
security measures in place so that it was very easier to populate database
by uploading xml file from a web browser. I learned it among many other
great things from Google examples in Java.

With SDK 1.7.0, I reworked some of deprecated functions (changes from
addFilter to setFilter) and bypassed all the security measures. I was able
to generate and populate the local_db.bin. It seems working. Nonetheless, I
do like to know why we got the error message after the upgrade and if there
is a way to avoid it (losing the local_db.bin) in the future.

Chili Ho