Success! SDK 1.7 enables you to register your own JCE provider, so it now
works with Bouncy Castle for instance. Just make sure to disable
precompilation, since it breaks signed JARs.

We're now encrypting our main content columns using AES-256, and this (in
combination with SSL) makes me very happy!  Also, encryption is
surprisingly fast, a lot faster than on my local MBP. There's really no
excuse to not encrypt your data anymore.

Thanks for solving the underlying issue, despite there being relatively few
votes.

Per