Hi,

I am unable to do a bulk upload with Python 2.7 to the dev webserver. I am
able to do a bulk upload to the production server. I was able to do this in
the past with Python 2.5. My questions:

1. Does bulk upload work on the dev webserver with Python 2.7?
2. Is there something else I should be using instead of bulk upload
(different datastore, different approach). I notice there is lots of info
about changes to the datastore but the information is confusing and out of
date and mixed in the online help pages.

Below is my original post which has the details of the problem I was
having. I tried a post but did not get any responses, possibly because the
title was confusing so I am trying again.

Help much appreciated.

S.

---------original post

Hi,

I wrote an application a while back that did a bulk upload. It worked with
dev_appserver and on my domain. Now the dev_appserver crashes when I try
and upload a few entries. I remember the dev store was a nightmare because
of authentication. You had to first open the location of the remote_api in
your browser, put in a username and pw and then it would work. I managed to
remember all of that again but I cannot upload the values into the
dev_appserver -- it just keeps crashing. Note I am using 64-bit and python
2.7 (before I was using 32-bit and python 2.5). Here is the code to upload
to the local server:

appcfg.py upload_data --config_file=spectrum_loader.py
--filename=spectrum_data.csv --kind=Spectrum --url=
http://localhost:8080/theremote_api ./

and this is the error that comes back from the from the application also
running on 8080.

Uploading data records.
[INFO    ] Logging to bulkloader-log-20120701.224621
[INFO    ] Throttling transfers:
[INFO    ] Bandwidth: 250000 bytes/second
[INFO    ] HTTP connections: 8/second
[INFO    ] Entities inserted/fetched/modified: 20/second
[INFO    ] Batch Size: 10
[INFO    ] Opening database: bulkloader-progress-20120701.224621.sql3
Please enter login credentials for localhost
Email: j...@appengine.com
Password for j...@appengine.com:
[INFO    ] Connecting to localhost:8080/theremote_api
[INFO    ] Starting import; maximum 10 entities per post
[ERROR   ] [WorkerThread-4] WorkerThread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\ad
aptive_thread_pool.py", line 176, in WorkOnItems
    status, instruction = item.PerformWork(self.__thread_pool)
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\bu
lkloader.py", line 764, in PerformWork
    transfer_time = self._TransferItem(thread_pool)
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\bu
lkloader.py", line 935, in _TransferItem
    self.request_manager.PostEntities(self.content)
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\bu
lkloader.py", line 1420, in PostEntities
    datastore.Put(entities)
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\api\data
store.py", line 579, in Put
    return PutAsync(entities, **kwargs).get_result()
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\datastor
e\datastore_rpc.py", line 809, in get_result
    results = self.__rpcs[0].get_result()
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\api\apip
roxy_stub_map.py", line 604, in get_result
    return self.__get_result_hook(self)
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\datastor
e\datastore_rpc.py", line 1579, in __put_hook
    self.check_rpc_success(rpc)
  File "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\datastor
e\datastore_rpc.py", line 1216, in check_rpc_success
    raise _ToDatastoreError(err)
BadRequestError: app "dev~myprog" cannot access app "myprog"'s data
[INFO    ] [WorkerThread-3] Backing off due to errors: 1.0 seconds
[INFO    ] An error occurred. Shutting down...
[ERROR   ] Error in WorkerThread-4: app "dev~myprog" cannot access app
"specl
ib01"'s data

[INFO    ] 9 entities total, 0 previously transferred
[INFO    ] 0 entities (3494 bytes) transferred in 21.4 seconds
[INFO    ] Some entities not successfully transferred

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I could just debug on the domain
server but it defeats the purpose of the development server -- very
frustrating!

thanks, sjh