I'd say horses for courses on this one.

IMHO the Datastore may not be the best fit to solving your requirement.

Perhaps Cloud SQL or BigQuery might be better suited?

Personally, i've consciously had to decide to make better use of all three;
rather than hoping that Datastore'll solve all my needs (not saying that's
necessarily what's happening here tho... don't get me wrong).

Im starting to find the following:-

Datastore's great for object persistence and basic querying

With a bit of live indexing onto Cloud Sql i can achieve the more complex
searches i need

i copy Log type data into BigQuery for bigdata analytics.

And i guess there's also a legitimate place for the full text search Api too
(tho i personally haven't used it yet).